Drugs, betting scandals, misbehaving heroes, controversial trade deals – professional sport is often in the news for all the wrong reasons.
Happily, amateur sports usually fare better. At the grassroots, it's all about fun, health and social inclusion. (At least, it should be.) Competition is still important but in the final analysis, it's how you played the game that truly matters.
In Australia, our sports values are intricately entwined with our community values – for Australians to affiliate themselves with a game, a team, a club, they want to be sure that everyone's getting a fair go and enjoying joining in.
This conference will provide the inspiration and the practical support to ensure sports participants, administrators, volunteers and supporters get it right and get everyone involved.
Our panel of speakers include Hon Peter Dutton (Federal Minister for Sport and Minister for Health), Hon Hugh Delahunty (Victorian Minister for Sport and Recreation), Senator Nova Peris (Northern Territory), Pippa Grange (Director of Bluestone Edge), Russell Hoye (Director of the Centre for Sport and Social Impact at La Trobe University) and Con Pagonis (Municipal Association of Victoria).
The Great Debate returns with another hot topic: “It’s not whether you win or lose that counts, its how you played the game.”
The Australian Sports Technologies Network will provide a Sports Tech expo with new and exciting gadgets to bring your sports club to the next level.
· How to foster an ethical framework without compromising a winning spirit
· Meet people who care about what you care about
· Get inspiration for the year ahead
· How to get more people involved in your club
· How to raise money without burning out your members
· How to use technology to recruit and retain players and supporters
· Australian Multicultural Foundation
· Telco Together Foundation
· Vic Sport
· Australian Sports Technologies Network
· Australian Sports Commission
· State Government Victoria
· La Trobe University
· Municipal Association of Victoria,
· Good Sports