Friday, 6 May, 2016 - Moonee Ponds, Melbourne.
“The Power of One: Pushing Boundaries to Change Sport and Communities”
The 2016 Sports Without Borders Summit will draw on the wisdom gained through 10 years of work by Sports Without Borders to create more inclusive sports clubs.
The Summit will bring together the complete picture – sportspeople, club officials, volunteers, policymakers, government funders, government and local government workers, peak bodies, and sports administrators to make sport inclusive and to progress more socially just and vibrant communities.
If you’re from any of these groups, this conference is about you. Learn the facts, hear from your heroes, meet people who care about what you care about, and take away some inspiration and practical, best practice sports solutions.
Our panel of speakers:
- James Demetriou Co-founder and Chair, Sports Without Borders
- Rochelle Eime Associate Professor, Faculty of Health, Federation University; Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, Victoria University
- Carmel Guerra OAM Chief Executive, Centre for Multicultural Youth
- Dr Ruth Jeanes Senior Lecturer, Sport and Community Development, Faculty of Education, Monash University
- Paul Kennedy Host of ABC Contact Sport and ABC Breakfast
- Beverly Knight, Indigenous sport trail blazer
- Francis Leach Broadcaster, Journalist, Writer, host of ABC Grandstand Breakfast
- Dr Simon Longstaff AO Ethicist, Philosopher, Chief Executive, The Ethics Centre
- Ron Murray Didgeridoo soloist, cultural educator and storyteller
- Dr Paul Oliver Director, Oliver & Thompson Consulting
- Tanya Oziel Managing Director, SportsConnect; Founder, AFL Peace Team
- Angela Pippos Journalist, TV and Radio Presenter, MC Extraordinaire
- Julie-Ann Rose Community Adviser and Educationalist, Institute of Community Directors Australia
- Ramon Spaaij Associate Professor, College of Sport and Exercise Science and leader, Sport in Society Research Program in ISEAL
The Q&A Panel Session returns with another hot topic: “The Power of One: Can an individual be more important than the team in creating change?
- The power of one to create change
- How to be an ethical sports player, volunteer or administrator without compromising a winning spirit
- Best practice sports governance
- Pain-free change management
- Trends in community sports – how to get ahead of the pack
Brochure & Registration:
2016 Summit Brochure & Registration: CLICK HERE!
Sponsors and Partners: