SWB has experienced an increase in interest from local community sporting organisations seeking assistance in meeting the needs of young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The DPCD grant enables SWB to increase the work with community sport and promote the services offered. These services include:
- Accessible, multilingual resources and services both on and offline which will assist them and their parents in finding information about how they can participate in sport.
- Links to existing sporting organisations and the programs available to these young people through those organisations.
- Funding pathways and direct financial assistance for these young people and the sporting groups that support them;
- Sponsorship contacts for both direct financial and in-kind assistance such as sporting equipment;
- Training/mentorship programs for young potentially elite sportspeople from these communities;